These groovy soaps are perfect for the hippie in all of us!
You Will Need:
- Soap Mold
- Liquid Bath & Body Colorants
- Bath & Body Safe Fragrance Oil
- Melt & Pour Soap Base (opaque bases work best)
- Microwave Safe Dish or Measuring Cup
You can use any combination of liquid colors for this project. Try not to use more than 3 different colors or you will end up with a muddy brown color. For a bright green, we mixed Sea Green and Tartrazine together before we put it in the mold.
1. Pour a few drops of colorant into the soap mold at random intervals. Try to be moderate- a little goes a long way!
2. Melt your soap base in the microwave in 15-30 second intervals until completely melted.
3. Stir in your fragrance but do not add coloring directly to the soap. Continuously stir your soap until it reaches a temperature of about 135 degrees F. This temperature is important so that the colorant bleeds a little but not too much
4. Slowly and carefully pour the melted soap into the mold. Try not to splash the soap around too much or the colors will all run together.
5. Allow the soaps to cool completely before attempting to remove them from the mold. To remove the soaps, gently press on the front side of the mold until the soap comes free. If it does not release, try placing them in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and trying again.
Leave a Reply